Transmissions From Beyond
Audio broadcast – story read by David Rees-Thomas.
Originally published in Black Static 3: January and February 2008.
In 1916, during the horrors of the Somme, a young private in the British Army finds himself in No Man’s Land with a number of very unusual women known collectively as the Ker.
More news for June and this time it’s a world first (well, for me anyway), as Nat, the chief editor over at Imprint Phoenix Publishing, has, at the recommendation of author and editor (and namesake) Ian M. Faulkner, invited me to contribute a story to IPP‘s limited edition anthology, WATCH, which is “specifically dedicated to appeal to the voyeur that lurks in all of us”.
WATCH is provisionally scheduled for release in late 2011, and, along with the fantastic cover artwork of Neil Jackson shown opposite, will feature “several deliciously delightfully dark tales from some of the newest and best in the horror genre”.
The authors signed up and confirmed for inclusion so far are: Neil Jackson, Ian Faulkner, William Meikle, Donna R. Smith, Peter Mark May, Daniel I. Russell, Stuart Neild, Rhys Hughes, Bob Freeman, and, yours truly, Ian R. Faulkner.
As soon as I know more so will you, but, in the meantime, please feel free to pop over to the IPP site and take a look ‘round.
The summer is upon us – well maybe – and I have just received word from Terry Martin that VALERIA has been provisionally placed for publication in issue #16 of the wonderful Murky Depths (which is fantastic news).
In addition, the Library of Science Fiction & Fantasy Press has now announced the table of contents for the DOOMOLOGY: THE DAWNING OF DISASTERS anthology, which will feature my long (9K+ words) post apocalyptic, cannibal-pirate, adventure story AFTER THE FLOOD.
Further details on the anthology and the TOC can be found over at the Library of the Living Dead website (just follow the link if you want to check it out yourself), although to save you a click I’ve included the listing below:
- Ralph Greco – The Humming Place
- Fredrick Obermeyer – Hands On Approach
- Marsheila Rockwell – Dr. God
- Adrian Simmons – Tribes
- Kenneth W. Cain – Spaceship Earth
- Hillary Jacques – The Light At The End
- Eileen Rhoadarmer – Night Terrors
- Deon Brown – The Infallible Captain United
- Denni Schnapp – A Cure For No Ills
- Lewis A. Harvey – Attack!
- Trevor Richardson – The Last Shall Be First
- Leslie Brown – The Slow Plague
- Scott Overton – Tartarus Rising
- Lawrence R. Dagstine – The Big Dirt Nap
- Ian R. Faulkner – After The Flood (that’s me!)
- Derek Rutherford – The Only Child
- Ryan Kinkor – It’ll All Make Sense In The End
- Mike Chinn – Hell Freezes Over
- Patrick D’Orazio – You Only Die Twice
- Derek J. Goodman – Little Janie Earthcracker
- Sam S. Kepfield – Thin Line
- David Murphy – Key To The City
- Dolan Morgan – Stable
- Scott Parson – Theory Of Impact